I’ve now been back from Vermont & the end of my Brewcation for just over a week and I’m finally going over my notes & starting to work on individual posts for each brewery or brewpub I visited… and something is becoming pretty clear: I really got something very unique from each place I visited, making for a really well balanced trip overall! I thought that, to tide you over until I get all the posts up, I would write up a short little summary highlighting the one thing that really stood out for me at each of the breweries/brewpubs I visited! Here they are, in the order in which I visited them on my trip!
The Hops Honey is taking over Vermont!!!
Well, their breweries and brew-pubs at least! I’ve got 9 days to try & cover as much beer-ground as I can up here in gorgeous Vermont, and I’ll be doing a post over the next few weeks about each of the breweries I visit. Here’s my itinerary – it’s ambitious… but I’m determined to make it all happen!
Tags: Alchemist, American Flatbread, Harpoon, Jasper Murdock's, Lawson's Finest Liquids, Long Trail, Magic Hat, McNeill's, Otter Creek, Rock Art, Three Needs, Trout River, VT Pub & Brewery, Wolaver's, Zero Gravity
49 Beers in 4 hours!
Clearly I didn’t drink 49 FULL beers in four hours; otherwise this post would likely be about an arrest, a serious injury, or a stomach pumping!
On Friday night I went up to the Park Ave Armory for the opening night session of the 7th annual Great World Beer Festival! 45 brewers were represented and it was totally amazing! I had never been to the armory before and if you haven’t either I suggest finding an excuse to go, because it’s a really cool mess of contrasts! You walk in and the entrance is seriously old school… there’s a gorgeous huge staircase leading upstairs and chandeliers and dark wood everywhere, and it really is just gorgeous. Then, you go into the area where the event is, and it’s basically like a big airplane hanger! Big, open, empty and totally beat up. There seem to be some sort of bleacher seats up above at one end, but other than that it’s just this great big domed-ceiling open space!
Tags: Boulder Brewing Company, Cape Ann Brewing Co, Dogfish Head, Eel River, Flying Dog, Great World Beer Festival, Harpoon, Ithica, Left Hand Brewing Co, Magic Hat, Mendocino, River Horse, Speakeasy, Troegs
- Happy #Thanksgiving y'all from #Istanbul!! http://t.co/PAKE1PgL 6 months ago
- Radius at @BrooklynBrewery #bdaypubcrawl http://t.co/tH8Vwt1B 6 months ago
- Beer #2... @kuhnennbrew Fluffer! http://t.co/zrEsJk0V 6 months ago
- It's not a sprint, it's a marathon! 1st up? @victorybeer Prima Pils @barcadebrooklyn #bdaypubcrawl http://t.co/g7t7AhTM 6 months ago
- Where there's a will, there's a way! Novocain mouth, but drinking through a straw w/ a head tilt at @blindtigernyc! http://t.co/Fgo40Z4D 6 months ago
Recent Posts from The Hops Honey!
- Beach Vaca + Brewery Visit = Summer Perfection!
- Presenting: Back East Brewing Company!
- Guest Post – Oregon Brewers Festival Review
- From Homebrewing… to… Brewery Launch!
- False Advertising: Your article told me *nothing* about what my ‘favorite beer says about me to a date’
- BrewDog Gives Olympic Sponsors the Finger!
- 300 Square Feet – Could you live in it? Bloomberg (and I!) think you can!
- The Hops Honey Heads South!
- Next up from Brooklyn Brewery’s Brewmaster Reserve Series…
- Beer Tastings + Museum visit = awesome!!